Tutorial on baking rather than frying tater tots at home. Because they are baked instead of fried, making your tater tots is a breeze. Forget about buying a new bag from the shop again. Explore the Baked Tater Tot Recipe.
It would help if you tried these baked tots. They’re so fantastic that even grownups can’t get enough of them. The basic formula is easy to follow. Potatoes, salt, pepper, and a little corn flour. We could have stopped there, but we figured a few more couldn’t harm. To that end, we tossed in some cheddar cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- 2 tablespoons neutral flavored oil, like grapeseed or canola
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into rough 1-inch chunks (2 medium-to-large potatoes)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ounce sharp white cheddar cheese, finely grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley, optional
- Fresh ground black pepper
Get the potatoes ready.
- Prepare an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit; use the convection option if available. Prepare a baking sheet by greasing it with half of the oil and lining it with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. You won’t need to line a baking sheet with parchment paper if you have a nonstick one. If you want your potato tots to become nice and brown, bake them on a silicone mat or an unlined nonstick baking sheet. Foil or normal baking sheets may cause them to stick.
2. The potatoes should be tossed in cold water for 10 to 15 seconds. Let it sit in the sink for a couple of minutes to drain.
3. Place half of the potatoes in the food processor and pulse for 25 1-second bursts or until the potatoes are roughly chopped into 1/4- to 1/8-inch pieces. Place on a clean kitchen towel and repeat with the remaining potatoes.
4. Squeeze the processed potatoes in a dish towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Throw away the liquid and place the potatoes in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
5. Stir and then microwave for an additional 30 seconds after the first minute.
6. The potatoes may be sticky, so give them a good stir and then set them aside to cool for about four minutes.
7. Season the potatoes with salt, onion powder, corn flour, parsley, cheese, and freshly ground black pepper. Slowly incorporate it into the mixture. A sticky mixture calls for a rubber spatula or fork.
Let’s make Bake Tater Tots
- Roll the dough into cylinders that are 3/4 inches in diameter and 1 inch in length. Put the formed potato tots onto the greased baking sheet. This concoction will have a little sticky quality to it. Having your hands somewhat moist may be helpful.
2. Sprinkle the remaining oil over the tater tots and bake them for another 12 minutes or until they are golden brown on the bottom.
3. Carefully turn each potato; using two forks may assist in loosening some that are more stuck than others. Bake for 12–15 minutes until the second side is golden brown.
|Perfect Tater Tots||CLICK HERE|