This essential lime pie recipe calls for condensed milk and sour cream in its filling. A favourite throughout the warm weather months because of its incredible simplicity. If you have the time, making your graham cracker crust from scratch is preferable. Top each serving with whipped cream and small slices of lime if you’d like.
There is nothing quite like a traditional Key lime pie to sate your need for something sweet. This recipe for sweet, rich, creamy, and tangy Key lime pie can be made on the spur of the moment with just five simple ingredients that are simple to obtain.
These are the five ingredients you’ll need to make this top-rated Key lime pie recipe:
- These are the five ingredients you’ll need to make this top-rated Key lime pie recipe:
- Sweetened condensed milk: This sweet, smooth, and creamy Key lime pie starts with a can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Key lime juice: Key lime juice comes from the Florida Keys. Key limes are more acidic than regular limes, so they pack a flavorful punch.
- Sour cream: Sour cream contributes to the rich texture and lends subtly tangy flavor.
- Lime zest: A tablespoon of lime zest enhances the bold citrusy flavor.
- Graham cracker crust: Use a store-bought or homemade graham cracker crust.
- Turn the temperature in the oven up to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).
2. Condensed milk, key lime juice, sour cream, and lime zest should all be combined in a bowl and well-mixed. Fill the graham cracker crust with the mixture, and set the pie on a baking pan.
3. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes in an oven that has been warmed or until the surface of the pie develops little tiny pinhole bubbles that explode. The filling won’t brown and will instead have a shaky texture.
4. After transferring the pie to a wire rack so that it can cool, chill it thoroughly in the refrigerator for approximately an hour before serving. Garnish the drink with lime slices and whipped cream if you want.
The Proper Way to Keep Key Lime Pie
After it has cooled, cover the Key lime pie snugly in plastic wrap or foil and place it in an airtight container. Keep for up to three days in the refrigerator after opening. To be served cold.
Can You Freeze Key Lime Pie?
Yes! You may keep a Key lime pie in the freezer for up to three months; however, you should only add whipped cream or other toppings after thoroughly defrosting. Bake the pie in a foil pan if you want to store it in the freezer. After the pie has cooled, cover it with at least one layer of plastic wrap for storing, and then cover it with at least one layer of aluminium foil. Please put it in the refrigerator for the night to defrost.
Click here for more articles