Bring the smell of fresh cornbread baking into your house. My mom’s cornbread recipe has been in the family for decades. The flaky, golden exterior and light, tender inside are hard to surpass. If you have some cornmeal on hand, you can whip up a batch of warm, satisfying cornbread in no time.
This easy cornbread recipe is perfect if you’ve ever wondered how to make cornbread. It always results in fluffy, buttery cornbread. Furthermore, the whole process may be completed in only 25 minutes! A skillet or other oven-safe dish works just as well for this.
My family has been eating this cornbread for as long as I can remember, but I just remembered that I hadn’t written a post to share the recipe with you! This cornbread is a massive hit in my house, and I’m sure it will do the same for yours.
- Flour: With the help of all-purpose flour, your bread will rise and have that characteristic spongy, caky texture.
- Yellow cornmeal: For perfect cornbread, use only yellow cornmeal. It gives this bread its lovely gritty texture and deep golden hue.
- Granulated sugar: The sweetness of the granulated sugar complements the savory notes of the corn and bread.
- Salt: A dash of salt can bring out the nuances in a dish.
- Baking powder: To promote dough expansion and to rise when baking, baking powder is used.
- Butter: Butter is an absolute must since it imparts an exquisite taste and a moist, flaky texture to the bread.
- Egg: The bread would only rise appropriately with adding the egg, which also acts as a binder.
- Milk: Cornbread is best with milk since it makes the bread more moist and delicious.
Let’s get down to business and discuss the reason for this post: a delicious recipe for handmade cornbread! You may be surprised to learn how simple it is to make a delicious batch of cornbread:
- Prepare a round cake pan or cast-iron skillet with a 9-inch diameter by greasing it well and setting it aside. To bake well, an oven temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit is required.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder). Blend well by whisking.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the liquid components (milk, egg, and oil/butter). The mixture will come together with little stirring, so stir until this point.
- The cake is made when the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick put in the middle comes out clean. This should take 20 to 25 minutes.
- Prepare and serve hot.
See! Indeed, it’s as simple as that. A quick-to-prepare side dish that may be served within 30 minutes is always welcome in my home.
|Best Homemade Cornbread Recipe||CLICK HERE|